Photoionization Detectors (PID)
The Model 4430 Photoionization Detector (PID) is a uniquely-designed gas chromatograph (GC) that selectively responds to aromatic and olefinic hydrocarbons in the presence of alkanes and other saturated hydrocarbons.
Our Model 4430 PID’s unique patented Window Sweep™ design prevents the sample stream from contacting and contaminating the lamp window. It also allows the analysis of photosensitive compounds, which would otherwise combine to form a polymer on the window surface.
- UV-lamp Window Sweep design minimizes fouling from window surface contamination
- Lampsaver™ circuit extends lamp lifetime by turning off when not in use
- Direct interface to ELCD, XSD, or FID to form tandem detector systems; requires only one detector port
- Detector vent for venting undesirable sample solvents
- Compatible with packed and capillary columns
- Custom engineered to fit specific GC models
- Easy operation and maintenance
If you’re on the market for a tandem detector, experience the convenience and flexibility of the Model 4450 Tandem Photoionization Detector/Flame Ionization Detector (PID/FID) — a patented combination gas chromatography (GC) detector incorporating the Model 4430 PID and Model 4410 FlD.