IDS 2030 Charged Particle Detector
Use the IDS 2030 Charged Particle Detector to detect charged particles in the atmosphere or a vacuum. The rugged IDS-2030 delivers spatially-resolved answers fast.
We created the IonCCD by adding a conductive layer to a photosensitive CCD, a detector using the robust yet simple technology you trust in your smartphone and digital camera. The conductive layer blocks out photons but will respond to all particles that are carrying a charge.
The IonCCD is optimized for the detection of positive ions having a wide range of particle energies; from thermalized ions that you can find in drift tube and soft landing experiments, to accelerated ions in mobility and mass spectrometers. As a true charge detector, the signal response of the IonCCD is independent of the energy of the impacting particle, its mass, and the incident angle. The 2126 detector elements (pixels) of the IonCCD will present you with pictures of ions in unsurpassed resolution.
The IonCCD sensor comes on a ceramic substrate to reduce outgassing in vacuum applications, and is enclosed in protective aluminum housing for safe handling and easy mounting. The complete IDS 2030 includes a camera controller, the IonCCD sensor, a power supply, and cables. It is shipped in an airtight instrument case for easy storage and safe transport.
IDS 2030 Features:
- True charge detector – Independent of particle energy, particle mass, and incident angle
- Pressure independent charge detection – From high vacuum to above ambient pressure
- Linear detector array – 2126 detector elements with a pitch of 21 µm
- Low outgassing detector – Detector carrier is a ceramic PCB
- Synchronization – Spectra acquisition can be synched using a trigger pulse
- CE certified – FCC, RoHS, and WEEE